Wednesday, November 11, 2009

the science project #28

titled "that's amore," this comic was drawn in late july 2009. in this period of my life, my comics took a personal turn. in fact, the woman in this comic is a drawing of my ex-girlfriend (minus the tattoos) - the reason for my troubles. her dialogue is not anything she ever said (or i would have used this joke earlier), but i felt i needed to vent and i used her to feel a little better.

i do like this comic, despite it unearthing the memory of being very angry. now being removed from that emotion, i think it's pretty funny.

my comics helped me quite a bit during this time. in any art form, emotion always works its way into the craft, but time will tell if emotion made my work stronger or just made me look like a baby. i could see it going either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment